• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hacking VCRUNTIME140.dll UCRTBASED.dll Master Thread

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Maybe this thread can help you:

Realizing this is a huge problem with alot of people on here, and using the tools and seemingly no universal fix. I have truly tried everything.

VCRUNTIME140.dll UCRTBASED.dll crashes are very frustrating issues
After installing many different things today, I still cannot get this to work.

Installed the all in one: Here

Repaired my Microsoft visual c++ redistributables (Start>Add or Remove Programs>Search "Microsoft">Find Microsoft Visual packs>Modify>Repair)

Uninstalled them, reinstalled them, tried different versions here from Microsoft

Downloaded them UCRTBASED.DLL and VCRUNTIME140.DLL

I replaced them in system32 manually but I found they were actually there, so in my case I have no idea why the programs cannot find them.

You cannot register these specific .dll with windows, explain further why below.

Problem persists on:
HackerTools v12 latest, MakeRom, and ba-GUI-nnertool All latest versions of software, I have reinstalled them and tried that.

Tried putting the .dll files inside the root of the problem programs folders as a test, no dice either personally.

.DLL files without a server side will not register or de-register using
RegSVR32
in CMD more information here I found on that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d-prompt/44ebc140-9b8c-4120-a3d5-06d61cf68377 so registering these 2 files with powershell is not even possible, you recieve other errors trying it.

I also tried running CMD as an admin:
SFC /scannow
which should if you are lucky, find system discrepancies and do a scan, and repair if anything is found.

Problem shows up usually when Extracting or Rebuilding any CIA files.

Installed Microsoft .Net Framework 4.8, no changes as well.

Tried right clicking on application, and running said applications in compatibility mode. No changes.

Will be editing this with my findings until my solution arises, and i'm sure some of you will be able to fix your problem with this thread.

Do not download DLL from random places on the internet!
ucrtbase comes with windows, and if not present for some reason, will be downloaded by Windows Update.
ucrtbased is the debug version that can be get by installing Visual Studio, if some software are complaining about it, it was compiled as debug, and you don't really want to be running that unless you are developing that software (its slower than the normal one, eg)

All the VS Runtimes can be get in a single page from Microsoft:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170
The installers will come with the proper updates needed by the DLLs packed inside.

Also, software's won't even run if they were compiled with a newer runtime version you don't have that have specific new features. If they are crashing, the DLLs aren't the cause, its on the software that uses them.
And I've no idea how the .NET Framework could help you with it.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back