• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hacking [release] Use blocked DS flashcards on 3DS, probably N3DS too.

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Hi, just a very simple release, but useful and cool :)
Install this cia and you will be able to use DS mode flashcarts that have been blocked by Nintendo over time.
If it never worked on 3DS, this will not make it work. But, If it worked in FW 1.0, that chances are that it will work now.
A list of flashcarts that have been blocked -
http://pongupdates.wordpress.com/flashcards-working-on-3ds/

I sent this to @gamesquest1, and got him to confirm that it works, he tried with the gateway blue card on 9.4 (sysnand). He even made a nice little video because there are always people who doubt.

There is not much use using this on emunand, since I'm pretty sure we cannot use ds mode flashcarts in gw/classic mode.
You would use this if you are:
1 -
On 4.x and have access to devmenu, and want to use a ds flashcart that was blocked, for example, the EZFlash Vi was blocked in 4.0. Installing this cia on my 4.5 sysnand, that card should work again.
2 - On 4.x and want to upgrade to the current fw, leave GW behind, whatever, you could install this and you would still be able to use ds mode flashcarts on the latest fw - probably forever unless Nintendo change something, they likely won't.
3 - If you have a New 3DS, we can't test it since we don't have devmenu access yet, but when we do, probably when we install this cia then things like gateway blue card will work :) Good news for the people that will be using GW with their N3DS, it will have a use ha. ---- but not tested.

Keep in mind, this is permanent, at the moment there is no way to undo this. Also, Nintendo should not be able to change it when you get an update. Which is good. (But this is their console, I am sure they could remove it/make it useless if they wanted, but I doubt they would bother)
Just a reminder, emunand is not needed, GW works fine without it, to install stuff (like this) on sysnand just don't load up in emunanad = don't have emunand on your big sd card.
If this for some reason b0rks your 3DS, sorry. It shouldn't at all, but still, not my fault.
Enjoy :)

-- you can find the cia on that iso site, i think? :)

Let me know how it works. I don't think EVERY flashcard that was blocked will become unblocked, but hopefully most.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back