• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying AlienLayer! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Microsoft Rewards |OT| Get Game Pass for free

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Yep. Anyone can invest a few minutes each day into building up Microsoft Rewards points and redeem those points for Microsoft Rewards. Those diligent enough will never have to pay a dime. This will show you how.

Disclaimer: No, I have no affiliation with Microsoft whatsoever and I do not benefit from anything posted here. This is a guide for those who are interested in using Microsoft Rewards. Nothing more than that. I have already received mod approval for this.

BUT FIRST

Before you go any further, you need to make sure you are eligible as Microsoft Rewards is not available in every country.

So check this page.

Get to the Point(s)

Let's talk first about how points can get Game Pass for free. Here is the endgame:

UKvV7YE.png

One month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is 12,000 points. To get 12,000 points in a month you need to earn 400 points a day. Don't worry about the "Level 2 discount'. You get to Level 2 automatically when you reach 500 points.

Another option is to save up and get a bigger discount by setting a goal of 3 months of Game Pass. This currently what I do.

nKEK6Zc.png

EDIT. [IMG alt="LOLCats"]https://www.neogaf.com/data/avatars/s/325/325841.jpg?1515803900[/IMG] LOLCats pointed out below that your points are better used on rewards money vs Game Pass Ultimate directly. It is a good point.

Yeah that's what I'm saying you're better suited using your rewards money on other things like gift cards than the ultimate. You can get better deals on ultimate with your real dollars

PyOujEg.jpg

Either way, remember the magic number is around 400 points a day.

Fine....how do I get the points?

Points are achieved primarily in three ways.

1) Web searches via Bing. Yeah.....I know. Bing still sucks. But it doesn't have to be that bad. More on that later.
2) Daily activities on the Rewards page. Quizzes, polls, etc.
3) Bing searches on mobile.

So here is the Microsoft Rewards page. This is where you keep up with your points and do the daily activities. By just going to the Rewards page every day you automatically get 150 points. So now you only need 250.
wsWR21e.png

Click on Points Breakdown and you'll get a summary of your current day's points. So just by using Edge and doing 30 Bing searches, you've knocked out another 170 points. Now you only need 80 points to reach 400. As you can see, there is a limit to how many points you can get in a day.

UsNRpzY.png

The daily activities are simple survey or trivia questions. The daily activities will give you between 30 and 70 or so points a day so really you are down to a few mobile searches to get the remainder.

t8PPzMg.png

There is also a Microsoft Rewards app on Xbox consoles where you can perform activities for Rewards points.

That's it. Doing all that takes less than 10 minutes a day.

But Bing? Really?

Yeah.....Bing is the key here. But remember, we only talking about 30 searches on desktop and a few more on mobile. It doesn't have to be anything complex. Microsoft doesn't care what you search for as long as it is a unique search for that day. You can search each letter of the alphabet and that will work. Every search per day much be unique though. You can't search the letter A 50 times. But you can search the alphabet and then start over searching AA, BB, CC, and so on.

So if that is to much trouble then you can always find ways of automating these searches. There are plenty of ways.

One such way is to create a collection in Edge. Create a bunch of tabs with Bing searches. Doesn't have to be anything specific. I have tabs Bing-searching each letter of the alphabet. Then in collections, click open all in new tabs. Tons of points coming your way.

Getting Started

So if you are still here and are willing to invest a few minutes each day to get Game Pass (or other stuff from MS) without paying a dime then this is what you do.

1) Create a Microsoft account. If you already have an Xbox then use that account. You want to use the login you would use to sign in to Xbox. If you don't have a Microsoft account then go here.

2) Sign into the Microsoft Rewards page. When you log in, the page will ask if you want to stay logged in. Say yes to avoid having to log in every single time.

3) Start searching and doing the activities. Whatever browser you are using to do this, make sure you are signed into your Microsoft account. If you are signed in then you will see your Rewards points progress on the top right of the Bing page. The points will update with each search. You need to be logged in on your mobile browser as well.
rpHMJCU.png

Xbox Quests

If you are on Xbox then make sure you have the Rewards app and as there are more ways to generate points there along with Xbox quests. As is the case with the mobile app.

There you go. That may seem like a lot, but as you can see, I've accumulated a lot of points and it really doesn't take much time. I don't plan to pay for Game Pass as long as Microsoft Rewards is around.

Buster Keaton The Blacksmith GIF by Maudit

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back