• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ROM Hack MHGU Save Editor

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
I updated Dawnshifter's MHXX save editor code to load MHGU save files. All I did was update filesize to match MHGU size instead of MHXX. Tested some item box save edits and it worked fine. Use at your own risk and backup saves!

If you don't want my exe you can compile Dawnshifter's code with my forked filesize edit below

changed code is-
MHXXSwitchSaveEditor/MHXXSaveEditor/Forms/MainForm.cs
Line 32; readonly int SWITCH_SAVE_SIZE = 4726152 + 432948;

https://github.com/Dawnshifter/MHXXSwitchSaveEditor

Update since everyone is asking
At this time you can convert your MHG and MHX saves:
1. MHG -> MHX (via 3ds .cia MHX Data Manager, I suggest moving to Character Slot 1)
Get cia or homebrew .3dsx file here
Yes, you need a hacked/homebrewed 3ds.

2. Import MHX save to MHXX on 3ds via game
You need MHXX (game or cia) on your 3ds. Open the game and import your MHX save.

3. Export MHXX 3ds save file using JKSM or other save data tool.
JKSM found here
Choose to export ExtData for MHXX

4. Open the MHGU Save Editor I posted here, and convert the "system" file you just exported to Switch (click okay for errors or re-open exe if it wont load save)
Load your 3ds MHXX save file, select convert at the top then To Switch.

5. Import the new "system" file to your Switch using Checkpoint or other save data tool.
Checkpoint .nro file can be found here
Yes, you need to have homebrew running on your Switch

Attached my MHG converted save, it lets you import as new save (edit name, etc.)

MHXX/MHX saves may have extra data and cannot be imported as-is (try deleting special items if you can)

Attachments

• entoptic MHG.rar
    entoptic MHG.rar
    19.7 KB · Views: 33
  • MHGUSaveEditor.rar
    MHGUSaveEditor.rar
    208.7 KB · Views: 34

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back