• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RELEASE ROM Hack Final Fantasy VII: A New Threat [Switch Version]

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Hiya

I've been playing with getting some of the FF7 Mods working on the Switch version, and New Threat (arguably one of the more involved and comprehensive mods) seems to be working great!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-) 100+ new bosses and enemies, with every story boss given a new set of moves and AI
-) About 40 or so 'unique' models made for enemies using in-game monster parts; we got a robot dragon in there somewhere
-) Quick but rewarding random encounters coupled with longer tougher boss fights
-) An Extra Battle added to the Battle Square that's a bit like the Monster Arena in FFX
-) Some new thingies like extra save points, merchants, and the option to skip the lengthier cutscenes and flashback sequences to make the game go by a bit smoother
-) Extra end-game boss fights to unlock Lv4 Limits and Ultimate Weapons as well as the option to change party leaders from the Operations Room once the party has reached the bottom of North Cave (or North Cavity as the cool kids are saying nowadays)
-) Fixed the age-old 'perfect game' dilemma of whether to use the third battery or not
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note the following fundamental truths:
  1. I didn't write this mod, and cannot support it/troubleshoot it
  2. The original author has no interest in a Non-PC version and thus will not support/troubleshoot this
Having said that, it seems as though the Switch version of the game is so much the same as the PC version that it will even load the Steam versions executable without issue, so any guides for FF7NT should work fine.

If there's any interest in FF7 The Reunion, I'm also going to attempt to get that one working too.

Drop the following in your layeredfs location and enjoy!
https://mega.nz/#!XwonUIaD!-hiACHCPq6UZO-JbFT6_qitavghbXq-9uCd2yQmZli4

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back